07 Dessember 2007
BlueScope to double production capacity The Jakarta Post

Jakarta Australian based steel manufacturer PT Blue Scope Steel Indonesia expects to finish the expansion of its factory by the end of 2009, after a year of delays.

President director Sulfianda Soelaiman said here Wednesday the company was building the new plant on the same site as the company's Cilegon factory in Banten, to boost its annual production of coated steel to 265,000 tons from 135,000 tons at present.
"The plant, with an annual production capacity of 130,000 tons, is expected to begin operation in 2010," Sulfianda told reporters at the company's plant in Cilegon.The 15-hectare Cilegon factory procures 90 percent of its coldrolled coil, the raw material for its coal coated steel, from stateowned steel producer Krakatau Steel. It gets the other 10 percent from BlueScope's headquarters in Australia.

Sulfianda said the company halted construction of the US$133 million expansion plant in 2006 to focus on completing other projects in Asia. It resumed construction in May this year.
Since the establishment its Indonesian unit in 1995, Blue Scope has dominated the domestic market for zincaluminum coated and prepainted steel, with four factories operating in Cilegon, Cibitung in West Java, Medan in North Sumatra and Surabaya in East Java.

The Cibitung factory, also known as PT BlueScope Lysaght, processes coated steel from Cilegon into various products, including corrugated roofs and frames.BlueScope sells all of its products domestically. Fifty percent of its products are for housing, and the other 50 percent are for nonhousing purposes, including base transceiver systems for telecommunications providers, cool room and clean room panels, and stpve casings, (ndr)

Source : The Jakarta Post, Page : 14 

 Dilihat : 18506 kali